web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Prison Versus Work

IN PRISON..you spend the majority of your time in an 8X10 cell.
AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6X6 cubicle.

IN PRISON... you get three meals a day.
AT WORK... you only get a break for one meal if you're lucky and you pay for it.

IN PRISON... you get time off for good behavior.
AT WORK... you get more work for good behavior.

IN PRISON... the guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you.
AT WORK... you must carry around a security card and open all the doors
for yourself.



IN PRISON... you can watch TV and play games.
AT WORK... you get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON... you get your own toilet.
AT WORK... you have to share with some idiot who pees on the seat.


IN PRISON... they allow your family and friends to visit.
AT WORK... you're not supposed to even speak to your family.



IN PRISON... the taxpayers pay all expenses with no work required.
AT WORK.. you get to pay all the expenses to go to work and then they
deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.



IN PRISON... you spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out.
AT WORK... you spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside
bars


Have a Great Day at WORK!!!

I need a vacation.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/29/2006 08:58:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

My Mom works in a state prison as an RN, so not only does she have to take care of them all day, she has money taken out of her taxes to take care of them...that doesn't seem quite fair does it? Oh yeah, and if anyone acts up and starts a fight which leads to riot (like what happened in Fresno this week and many people were seriously injured) the whole place goes on lockdown and no one gets to go home. I guess you better keep a change of clothes and some toiletries in your locker!

 
At 8/29/2006 10:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how ironic huh :)

 
At 8/30/2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, if I was told that I couldn't go home to my dogs they would have to kill me, because that would be the only way to keep me from leaving.

May, it is ironic, although I personally feel that nursing is more like being slave labor in a coal mine. (Sorry, I had a bad day.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home