web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mystery Message


This is something that has been bothering me for some time. The little pictures are on boards in the patient's rooms. Sorry that it is out of focus.

The picture of the ear I get. It means that the patient has hearing aides and to be careful that they don't get lost.

The picture of the eye glasses means that the patient has glasses, although personally, I think it looks more like a bra.

The picture of the teeth warns us that the patient has dentures.

What I've never been able to figure out was what the leaf meant. Is it a grape leaf and we are to watch out for smuggled wine? Are we supposed to make sure that their flowers are kept watered?

I finally found out what it means. Anyone want to guess?

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, we don't actually use the board. It's just another one of those things that is ignored.


~ Home

10 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 03:38:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

vegitarian????

 
At 8/30/2006 05:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The FALLing leaves

 
At 8/30/2006 08:21:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

The patient's Canadian, eh?

 
At 8/30/2006 08:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a marijuana leaf?

 
At 8/30/2006 09:32:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

They're wearing a wig? They have dandruff? It's the autumn of their lives?

 
At 8/30/2006 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, good guess but no.

Anon #1 got it right, falling leaves. Personally I think that a banana peel would be better to show that patients are at risk for falling.

Alan, lol, that would be important for us to know. "Watch out, that patient's Canadian." :)

Anon #2, a mariquana leaf would be a good symbol to let us know that a patient is a drug seeker.

Dave, we don't need a sign to tell us a patient is wearing a wig. The wigs we've seen look like road kill perched on their heads. We also don't need a sign to tell us that a patient is old.:)

 
At 8/30/2006 09:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I look, I'm going to guess it means jewelry...looks like a necklace.
Now I'll post and see if I'm right...

 
At 8/31/2006 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was on the line of thinking the patient is canadian :)

 
At 8/31/2006 08:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... what a strange symbol for a fall risk

 
At 9/01/2006 12:38:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Kim, that was a good guess.

May, we gotta watch out for those Canadians.

Lisa, I never would have guessed what that meant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home