web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Siren Song - Part Two

Outrage! Who would do a thing like this? The dressing I put on the call light was gone when I came to work today. Management was not even here today because of the holiday, so it must have been the act of some goody-two-shoes nurse.

Thinking the problem was taken care of, I didn't bother to bring a screw driver to work today. Disabling the alarm was going to be my next course of action if I couldn't sufficiently muffle it.

Rather than bother with another dressing, I tucked a pillow around it with instructions that if anyone touches that pillow when I'm here, they will die. I didn't really say that, it was just understood.

I guess for now on when I arrive at work, the first thing I will do is give the alarm pillow therapy. That works also.

Just in case, I should probably bring an assortment of screwdrivers to work with me in the future. You never know when they will be needed.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 9/05/2006 08:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...perhaps it fell off as the sheer obnoxiousness of the sound worked the adhesive off the tape...

Nah......

 
At 9/05/2006 07:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was a patient. You have people waiting for apple juice and pain pills, you know. :P

 
At 9/05/2006 10:00:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Kim, maybe the walls are so dirty that tape can't stick to them.

Lisa, I hadn't thought of a patient, but I think that the sound bothers them as well. It's LOUD.

 
At 9/06/2006 12:36:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL @ goody two shoes nurse, is there such a thing?!

 
At 9/07/2006 09:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It'd be a shame if someone accidentally squirted a few saline flushes into the speaker and shorted it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home