web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Pill

I opened up a freshly made bed at work that had been cleaned and changed after the previous patient left. Inside the bed was a pill. I have no idea what kind of pill it is or how it could possibly have gotten there. Anyone care to speculate?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 9/03/2006 04:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creeeepy!

Sure it wasn't a breath mint? LOL!

 
At 9/03/2006 05:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No markings on it?

 
At 9/03/2006 10:53:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Kim, if it was a breath mint, would you feel better about it being in a so-called clean bed? :)

Lisa, it was round and white with a split down the middle. I was so excited by my treasure that I immediately took it to show our secretary and she threw it in the trash before I could study it further.

 
At 9/03/2006 01:48:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Does anyone on the cleaning crew have Parkinson's? Mirapex, perhaps?

P.S. I have a pill book, not Parkinson's.

 
At 9/03/2006 07:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it a private room? Perhaps the bed's neighbor didn't want to take the meds.

 
At 9/03/2006 07:32:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I have heard about those pills. They are new. You don't actually have to swallow them, they are so powerful you can just lay in bed with them and they work. :)

 
At 9/03/2006 09:04:00 PM, Blogger Cass said...

It was definatly a lasix pill. How do I know? I just do.

 
At 9/04/2006 01:13:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I strongly suspect the housekeeper or a squirrel, but have no idea how a pill got dropped in the bed.

Connie, it was a private room. Anyone wanting to hide pills could have found closer beds in which to hide it.

Gary, we do have some drugs almost like that. We have to wear gloves when handling it so that we don't get high too or whatever else the drug does.

Cass, it could have been lasix. Why did the secretary have to throw it away before I was done playing with it? I didn't even get a photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home