web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Fighting Flowers And Biting Flies


I don't know what these nasty flowers are called, but they are mean. They look perfectly innocent, but if water gets on them, watch out. The seed pods explode and pelt you with seed shrapnel. It hurts. Nasty little bastards.

I'm also being assaulted by biting flies. Isn't it enough that they have a yard with poop to meet their needs for nourishment and breeding grounds, is it necessary to go after blood? I wonder if I put out a bowl of blood for them if they would leave me alone or would that attract more blood suckers?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 01:27:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I shouldn't giggle, but i think i can envisage you calling the flowers bastards!!

 
At 9/17/2006 12:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember an episode of Star Trek that had spitting flowers. Are you sure those flowers are from this planet?

 
At 9/17/2006 06:29:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, if they attacked you, you would say the same. :)

Connie, now that you mention it, I don't remember where the plants came from. They may have arrived on an asteroid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home