web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

New Slippers

I was starting to worry. My second to last pair of slippers wore out last week, leaving me with only one pair to get me through the long, cold winter ahead. If anything happened to my last pair of slippers, I would just die. Contrary to popular belief, it does get cold in L.A. Inside my house it can get down to the upper 60's. I simply must have furry boots to keep my feet warm.

I was worried for nothing. Costco got in a new shipment of slippers just in time. Now I'm good for another year. Although, I'm wondering if I should go back and get two years worth. You never know.

Kelsey likes the new slippers too. His favorite is the Golden Retriever colored ones. I'll have to remember to keep them out of dog reach.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/19/2006 05:34:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Lovely slippers. Especially the blue ones. :)

I really feel sorry for you citizens of Los Angeles and all the horrible,horrible cold weather you have to put up with. All that weather must be brutal on your gardens too.

I have had a problem with my favorite cheap shoes going off the market and not being able to replace them. So now I buy about four or so identical pairs at a time. A pair lasts me about six months. I have four pair on hand, so that's only two year's worth. Hmmmmmm. Maybe I should go out and buy some more.

 
At 10/19/2006 01:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wore out that very same pair of slippers last year and have been looking for a replacement ever since. Costco, huh? Thanks!

 
At 10/19/2006 07:52:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Upper 60's is real toasty at our house.

 
At 10/19/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, since they're cheap, stock up while you still can. The future is always uncertain.

Connie, this year's slippers are a few inches taller than last years, so they should be even warmer. Get some of their World's Softest socks too. They now have them in mid-calf sizes instead of just ankle length. They're great inside the slippers. If you like fresh Medjool dates, they're in!

Gary, I would just curl up and die. Even 68 dgrees is too cold for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home