web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Repairing The Damage

I took my car to an auto body shop to get an estimate for the damage caused to my car by that thing I hit on the freeway. If the damage was less than my deductible, I was just going to pay it and not make an insurance claim. I've now made a formal claim with my insurance company.

The damage didn't look that bad to me. The plastic cover under the car needed replacing and I knew from past experience that would run around a hundred dollars. (This isn't the first time I've ran over things on the freeway.) It was just a question of what fixing the bumper would cost. I thought perhaps another hundred bucks, but it's a thousand. That seems like a lot of money for a bumper. I wonder what a real accident would cost. I hope that I never find out.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So sorry you had an accident :(
Its ridiculous the price of car repairs these days considering they're virtually made of plastic :(

 
At 10/18/2006 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Car repairs are crazy. I had an accident that cost about $10,000 just for my car. :) Almost totalled, but not quite enough.

 
At 10/18/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

It's amazing how much money they ask for those pieces of plastic, really.

 
At 10/20/2006 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The cost of the bumper replacement was only $291, the remaining 700 or so dollars was for labor. Michelle, Lisa and Karen, I think we are all working in the wrong fields. We should switch to car repairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home