web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ice Pond

This was what the pond looked like this morning. I was wondering if someone had scaled my walls and poured detergent in the water. Or, perhaps the fish had all died and were decomposing. The water was white and foamy looking.

Looking closer, I saw a hard surface on the water. It was water in its solid form, ice. Will wonders never cease? That kind of thing happens in other parts of the country, but not here.

If it's going to be this cold, the least it could do is snow. Then, at least the boys and I would have something to play in. All of this cold air is wasted on 9% humidity.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 1/14/2007 08:28:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Ice is forming in Southern California? Where's this global warming I keep hearing about?

 
At 1/14/2007 08:31:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I don't know, Alan. I'm wondering if Hell is freezing over as well.

 
At 1/15/2007 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

no ice here yet... just rain, rain, rain,... clouds and wind.

 
At 1/15/2007 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I'm so glad that recovering so well.

Who would think that Southern California would be colder than England?

 
At 1/15/2007 11:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to walk carefully on the sidewalks in case there is ice there, too. What do the boys think of the ice?

 
At 1/15/2007 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

There are patches of ice on the sidewalk which I'm being careful to avoid. I have fallen on ice in the past and don't much care for it.

The boys have been surprisingly silent on the topic of the ice. They don't appear to care, although they're not going outside except when absolutely necessary.

 
At 1/15/2007 05:59:00 PM, Blogger shrimplate said...

Our koi have been OK probably because the pond hugs the walls of our house. Hope yours are all OK.

 
At 1/16/2007 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mine are doing fine, although I don't know how they can stand it. The water hurts my hands, it's so cold.

 
At 1/16/2007 01:10:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Do your beautiful fish survive this icy snap?

 
At 1/16/2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

My birdbath has been a giant block of ice the last couple of mornings too, and the birds don't seem very happy about it either.

 
At 1/16/2007 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, yes, they're still swimming around, although very slowly.

Sarah, too bad that real birds don't like to play ice hockey, like the ones in Peanuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home