web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Born To Shop

This was routine car maintenance day. I had an appointment at the Ford dealer and so naturally, I nearly took the Nissan. I had to pull back in the garage and get the right car. Next week I have an appointment at the Nissan dealer. I wonder what the odds are that I will try to take the Ford?

Entertaining myself while my car is being worked on isn't very hard. Most of the major shopping centers are within walking distance of the dealer. The challenge is not to buy more than I can carry, which is a rule I broke today. On the way back, I had to stop frequently to rest my arms. I was dripping in sweat and my heart was skipping beats. Who knew that shopping could be such serious aerobic exercise?

It didn't seem like my purchases should have been that heavy. I bought seven new tops and a pair of pants. It all weighed practically nothing. My old clothes are so conservative and boring, I need something sexier to wear for dates. (Did I mention that Richard still wants to go out with me? It appears that "we'll see" means yes. If I had an ounce of pride, I would decline to go out with him again, but I'm without pride.)

I also needed some new sheets and a new comforter set. Sarah, before you say anything, I know that I have enough linens to open a store, but I'm bored with what I have. I need change just for the sake of change. What I got was everything in pure, pristine Egyptian cotton white. It's probably going to be a major mistake considering that the dogs sleep in bed, but what's done is done. And of course, I had to have matching drapes.

It all weighed a ton and the dealer was a good half-mile away, so I had to lug everything. All of the dealers are on the same road and they were setting up for President's Day sales. Balloons and tents decorated the lots. Barbecue equipment was being set up and I wouldn't be surprised if a pony is brought in to entertain the kids. What caught my eye was a pale yellow BMW sport's car for sale. I wanted it so badly, but I'm pretty sure there is some rule that you're not allowed to own two sport's cars and I'm not giving up my Z.

Driving home, I bought a new couch and love seat. So finally, there will be plenty of room again for the boys and I to sit together on the couch. This was an expensive day, but it could have been far worse. At least I don't have a third car sitting in my driveway.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 2/18/2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

sounds like fun to me... I love new sheets...I love shopping. You will have to take pics of your new couches and post them

 
At 2/18/2007 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the linens. I could spend all day at Bed, Bath & Beyond.

 
At 2/18/2007 05:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

corret me if i'm wrong, but it seems to me that you really like richard :)

may
www.aboutanurse.com

 
At 2/18/2007 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I like slipcovers, so the couches won't really show.

Connie, someday I need to post a photo of my linen closet. Maybe you could do a similar post.

May, *sigh* yes, I do like him.

 
At 2/19/2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I knew there was a reason you live there and i live here, we'd be a very bad influence on each other!

 
At 2/19/2007 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, we could get into so much trouble together.

 
At 2/19/2007 06:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are there two cars in your garage during the day?

 
At 2/20/2007 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Trent, there are two cars in the garage if I'm home, otherwise there is only one car in the garage. I like to have one car for the dogs or when I need to buy something big and one fun car for me. It's self-indulgent, but I can afford it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home