web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, February 12, 2007

You Look Like That Actress



About 30 years ago, everywhere I went, people would say that I looked just like Diane Keaton. I didn't really see the resemblance. People would often add that it wasn't just that I looked like her, we also had the same smile, shy mannerisms and facial expressions. Eventually, I saw Annie Hall to see what the fuss was all about, but still didn't really see the resemblance.

Once people forgot about the movie, Annie Hall, I stopped hearing the comparisons to Diane Keaton. Thirty years went by and all of a sudden, the comparisons have started again. Patients, upon meeting me, will almost invariably say, you look just like that actress. It can take them a minute to think of her name and until they do it drives them crazy. It's starting to drive me crazy too. It's not that she's unattractive, but why can't people think I look like Daryl Hannah instead?

Who do people think you look like?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 2/12/2007 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm Meg Ryan and Dave is George Clooney.

 
At 2/12/2007 05:16:00 PM, Blogger susandennis said...

I've been reading you for a while. I think you got added to my Google Reader via JimCarson (if not, we can blame him anyway).

I don't look like anyone BUT...

My maiden name was Susan Schubert. It was a bitch to order pizza or make reservations or get anyone to understand that it wasn't Shumpert or Shufford or Slumpert. I married Bob Dennis (oh so briefly) 30 years ago and GRABBED his name thinking it was so simple.

Now I say 'Hi, my name is Susan Dennis' and I get 'Oh Sandy, nice to meet you?! Is that Sandy Dennis like the WheatThins lady?' Poor Sandy Duncan would probably love to be remember for something other than crackers and by her real name.

Now... aren't you glad Jim or whoever made me add you to my reader??

 
At 2/12/2007 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Jackie Shroff of course! (Check my alternate blog.)

 
At 2/12/2007 06:58:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

That really surprises me. I don't think you look like Dianne Keaton at all. Not even close.

 
At 2/13/2007 12:53:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Wow. Come to think of it, you DO look like Darryl Hannah! (I loved the movie Roxanne.) But Diane Keaton is still acting, and Hannah seems missing in action.

I've never thought of myself as George Clooney. More like Goran Visnjic, I think. :)

 
At 2/13/2007 02:20:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Actually i can see how people would say that about you, although you are much fairer than her...and your face looks much younger than hers....still, there is a resemblence.

"Elaine" from Seinfeld......i think people look at my hair (its now back to my natural colour which is dark auburn) and my glasses....and put 2 and 2 together! I only wish i had her her build!

 
At 2/13/2007 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, you two are one hot couple. It's a wonder that the tabloids aren't reporting that Meg Ryan and George Clooney are a couple.

Susan, I'm pleased to have you as a reader and now commenter. I left just one comment on Jim Carson's blog and never thought that it would result in getting a new reader.

I hate my maiden name too, but my married name isn't much better. It sounds too much like kotex.

Alan, I'll have to visit your alternate blog and see this fellow.

Gary, under harsh lighting and especially if I have my reading glasses on, there is a resemblance. I only post flattering photos of myself.

Dave, Goran is hot. Connie is one lucky woman. But then, you're lucky, too, to have Meg Ryan.

Michelle, Elaine is cute. I would be pleased to be compared to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home