web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, November 30, 2007

The Fierce Cocker

MacKenzie and Georgie (the Cocker's current name) had a falling out over something, I'm not sure what. I wasn't home when they got into their disagreement, but it was obvious something had happened.

Normally, they get along fine, but when I got home they would growl if the other dog so much as looked in their direction. MacKenzie was missing a chunk of fur and skin just beneath her eye. Georgie had no injuries. They got into a fight and the tiny couch potato Cocker won against big athletic MacKenzie.

It took a couple of days and some intervention on my part, but they are friends again.

The Cocker got into another fight recently. He bit my sister-in-law on the nose at Thanksgiving. She put her face into his and he struck out at her. I rub my face against his all of the time and he just cuddles with me. Now, I'm going to have to warn everyone who sees the cute little Cocker not to approach him.

I don't really understand little dogs. Why do they attack for no good reason?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 11/30/2007 05:44:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

My cocker was testy, too. She didn't like 2-year-olds following her around. They don't look like they could even have a cross thought, do they?

 
At 12/03/2007 09:31:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I have known a few like that too... my neighbour had one years ago that bit my daughter on the mouth... actually it tore her lip on the inside really badly... required some medical attention. They just do that... funny little dogs. Yep... warn people...

 
At 12/03/2007 05:59:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, they look just like living teddy bears which entices the unwary into their clutches.

Madwag, that's awful. It's a good thing that it was the inside of the lip and not the outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home