web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Sheet Surprise

In the middle of the night I heard Kelsey scratching at the door. He's forgotten how to use the doggy door, so I got up to let him out. Just as I reached the door, I felt warm gooey poop squish between my toes. I wasn't fast enough.

I hopped on one foot into the kitchen and washed my foot in freezing cold water while standing in the dark. That unpleasantness over with, I went back to bed.

That was almost a week ago. Last night I was brushing fur and dirt out of my bed and got down to the foot of the bed when I noticed dried poop all over the sheets. Let me clarify, the poop was inside the bed, where my feet go.

Washing my feet in the dark, I couldn't see that I didn't get all of the poop off, so I have been sleeping for several days with my feet surrounded by poopy sheets.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 11/02/2007 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ick. Reminds me of all the times I stepped on a fresh hairball courtesy of the cat. Do you thnk Kelsy's chemo is affecting his digestion?

 
At 11/04/2007 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It is. We've started him on Pepsid and it seems to be helping. I wish that I could give him something that would help him remember how to use the doggy door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home