web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Feeling Better And Looking Worse

I'm feeling much better. The hot flashes are almost gone. I wish I knew what I did to accomplish that, but I made so many changes at once, it's hard to say what did the trick. I'm taking Estrofen, flax seed oil, fish oil and DHEA. I also have Premarin cream from the doctor, which in addition to putting in the private place as prescribed, I spread on my face. It puffs up the skin making fine lines shrink.

Best of all, I'm sleeping fine again. If sleeping were an Olympic sport, I could once again be in medal contention. The mental fog has lifted and I'm now back to my baseline level of ditziness.

Then, I got my hair trimmed and I'm feeling cruddy again. The stylist mentioned that I need to color my hair. It's almost white. Then she said that I have lost lots of hair. Great. I knew that it was thinning a bit in back, but didn't know it was obvious to others. Eventually, I'll have to pull some hair back and clip it in back to cover the balding spot just like my mom and grandma.

I'm feeling so depressed that I'm sitting here wearing a waist length hair extension. It looks great from the back, but then I look at my aging face and see one of those pathetic old women who cling desperately to their youth to the point of looking ridiculous. The hair piece has to come off.

Tomorrow, I'll put a nice blonde tint on my hair and try to feel better. This is why I hate getting my hair cut.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2007 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better. I only take fish and flax, and I'm doing great, well except for the chicken neck thing I've got going on now. I found I stopped loosing hair when I switched shampoo.

 
At 12/05/2007 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have the crepey upper lid thing starting. It's always something. How much flax and fish are you taking?

 
At 12/05/2007 04:25:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

2000 mg of flax and 2200 mg of fish per day.
I hate getting my hair cut, too. The last time I asked the gal to just take off whatever wasn't healthy and she whacked off about 6 inches. I was furious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home