web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, December 03, 2007

Random Question Meme


Random Question Meme brazenly stolen from Lisa of http://lisasplaceinspace.blogspot.com.

What kind of soap is in your bathtub right now?
None. I use body washes. Right now I'm trying to get rid of all of the little bottles that people have given me.

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
Yes. It's time to replace it, though. It's getting slimy.

What would you change about your living room?
Cover the wood with one big rug because I can't keep the floor looking clean. Damn wet dog paws.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty. Do you have a problem with that?

What is in your fridge?
Apples, lettuce, yogurt, soy milk, kefir, beer, wine, grapes, cheese, limes, flax seed, eggs, watermelon, butter, tomato soup, leftover tamale pie and condiments.

White or wheat bread?
Both.

What is on top of your refrigerator?
Pig ears, chicken jerky treats, lamb and rice jerky, bottle opener (it needs to be near the beer), a 5 pound sack of peanuts (it needs to be near the beer) and photo paper.

Color of shower curtain?
White chiffon with a few little flowers on it.

How many plants are in your home?
Uh, living or dead?

Is your bed made right now?
No. What's the point?

Comet or Soft Scrub?
Comet. I need the big guns.

Is your closet organized?
Sort of. Tops are separated from bottoms.

Can you describe your flashlight?
Yes, it's black. Why, do you need to borrow it?

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
It depends on what I'm drinking. Water is drunk from a plastic glass, everything else is drunk from out of a glass, or the bottle.

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?
No.

If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
Yes, but everything, except for the cars is off the floor. I grew up with the odd rule that nothing can sit on the floor of the garage.

Curtains or blinds?
Both.

How many pillows do you sleep with?
Eight, but that includes the dogs' pillows. I personally need three, one under my head and one on each side of me.

Do you sleep with any lights on at night?
No.

How often do you vacuum?
Every week or two, but it's an exercise in futility.

Standard toothbrush or electric?
Electric.

What color is your toothbrush?
Yellow.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?
No, but if I did, it would say go away. I don't like strangers coming to the door.

What is in your oven right now?
Baked-on crud.

Is there anything under your bed?
Yes, a violin.

Chore you hate doing the most?
Cleaning the floor.

What retro items are in your home?
Me.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?
No.

How many mirrors are in your home?
Too many. I'm not as young as I used to be.

What color are your walls?
The kitchen and my bedroom are pale yellow. Everything else is off-white, plus dirt streaks near the bottom.

Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?
Do lap dogs count?

What does your home smell like right now?
Dog urine. Don't ask. *sigh*

Favorite candle scent?
Clove.

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?
Dill, sweet and relish.

Ever been on your roof?
Yes. How else can I get to the tree branches that need pruning?

Do you own a stereo?
Yes, but it's crap.

How many TVs do you have?
2.

How many house phones?
2.

Do you have a housekeeper?
No.

What style do you decorate in?
Japanese, Chinese, Southeast Asian, English (Queen Anne) and contemporary. I describe it as being the home of an English woman who lives in the tropics.

Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?
Solids with print pillows.

Is there a smoke detector in your home?
Yes.

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
That's easy, dogs.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 12/05/2007 06:09:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Small world! We had a slimy watermelon too. Annette just chucked it off the second story deck and into the garden bed below. Splat! We'll look for volunteer melons next summer.

 
At 12/06/2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That sounds like fun. I've never had any luck growing watermelons. The biggest one I ever grew was the size of an apple and it rotted on the ground because I didn't know it was done growing.

 
At 12/06/2007 03:15:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I hate watermelons. :)

 
At 12/06/2007 11:20:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Slimy watermelon? Isn't that the new Ben & Jerry's flavor? :)

 
At 12/08/2007 01:12:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, did something tramatic happen to you in childhood involving a watermelon? :)

Dave, when I was throwing it out I noticed something even more special about it. It was moldy. Maybe we should suggest to B
& J making slimy, moldy watermelon sorbet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home