web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Day

I can body surf without a board, but it is so much easier with one. In my teens, the only thing I needed to ride the waves was a bikini. Now, I like a wetsuit and a boogie board. I'm warmer, get better rides and no longer have to frantically pull my bikini back on after a wipe out.



That is me above. The picture is dark because my latest camera broke after a tiny fall, so I have gone back to my first digital camera. I have forgotten how to use it properly and couldn't find a back-light setting like what was on the camera that broke before the last camera that broke. I'm beginning to think that butter-fingered people shouldn't own digital cameras.



The riptides didn't amount to much, so the lifeguard boat didn't need to scoop anyone out of the water. In a way, it was a shame. A good riptide day can provide hours of entertainment.


The people on the little red vehicles are Sheriff's deputies. Their job appears to be driving up and down the beach and writing tickets to people caught drinking alcohol. I'm guessing that drinking tickets are a major source of revenue, otherwise, Los Angeles County would prominently post the rules where people could actually see them. None of the people I saw who were busted had made any attempt to hide their beverages. Openly drinking bottles of beer indicates that they had no idea that drinking is prohibited on the beach.



The sea gulls must be tired of just eating live fish from the ocean. They are quite aggressive when it comes to stealing food. I don't really blame them. If it was a choice between raw fish and stolen fried chicken, I would become a thief also.





~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/28/2008 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I would go with the sashimi. How come only three out of four pictures enlarge when clicked on?

 
At 7/30/2008 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm guessing that in the process of editing, I accidently deleted some code. You didn't really want to see a close-up of me in a wet suit did you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home