web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tatts

One of my coworkers showed up for work with a different look. Her face was tattooed. Black arched eyebrows swooped across her face in a dramatic, permanent look of surprise. Black rings surrounded her eyes and the finishing touch was a black dot on her cheek, a beauty mark. For a blonde, especially, I'm not sure about the wisdom in choosing black, permanent make-up.

Her look is both theatrical and clown-like, in my opinion. She seems happy with it, though. And all of that work only cost one hundred dollars. She was especially proud of the bargain basement price. I hope that someday when she is old and the black lines are sagging, she is still happy about her bargain tattoos. Her next project is lip liner. In my humble opinion, that will be another big mistake. Unless she always wears lipstick, there will be an odd red line circling her lips. It is not a flattering look.

Also on the subject of tattoos, one of our patients has an unusual tattoo. It is in her rectum. I don't mean around her bottom, I mean that the tattoo is inside the first three inches of her rectum. I have no idea why. Except for that, she seems perfectly normal. I really don't understand it.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 12/21/2008 02:13:00 AM, Blogger gemmak said...

Yup....I can safely say I'm with you on all of this, I don't understand it either....and I suspect someone who has their rectum tattooed maybe doesn't qualify to be described as normal!....each to their own I suppose but I can't say it would appeal to me!

 
At 12/22/2008 06:54:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

For the tattoo artist, it seems like a rather cramped area in which to work.

As always, just when I think I've heard everything on your blog...

 
At 12/22/2008 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gemmak, I'm hoping that she just had a wild youth and got over it. She is not a young woman.

Alan, just when I thought that I had heard it all, a patient like this came along.

 
At 12/24/2008 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

I'm not much for ink. We have a beautiful young lady at work who has a gigantic butterfly on her back. I mean shoulder-to-shoulder. If she wears anything without a high collar, pieces of it are sticking out all over.

Melissa,

I suspect your tatooed lady was abducted by aliens, and they marked her to keep track of the experiment. :oD

 
At 12/28/2008 08:22:00 AM, Blogger shrimplate said...

Gack!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home