web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hey, What's Wrong With My Eyes?


A coworker wanted to discuss something with me, but she kept losing her train of thought. Finally she said, "I have to look away. I can't concentrate when I look at your eyes."

She is a sweet person who would never intend to offend me, but I can't figure out what she meant. And now, I'm afraid to look at her, because I don't want to upset her.

I've asked other people about this and they just dismiss the subject with the comment that she's Philippino. But it's not like she's never seen a blue eyed person before. We have to work together and I just feel so weird. Is there something wrong with my eyes?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 07:52:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Maybe she's gay. :)

(Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

 
At 7/26/2005 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol! That never occurred to me. :)

 
At 7/26/2005 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL@Dave!
No idea what she meant. I do know that Japanese tend to not look you in the eyes. They don't do it to offend, they do it because it's part of they're culture. Form of polite shyness.

 
At 7/27/2005 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Not that I can tell. Look like eyes to me. But maybe they transmit some hypnotic ray in person that the camera stops.

 
At 7/27/2005 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, she has no problem looking anybody else in the eyes, just me.

Running2ks, you may have hit the nail on the head. :)

 
At 7/31/2005 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I don't want to risk embarassing her. She really is such a sweet person, I'm sure that she meant no offense. She has since given me a necklace, so perhaps that was her way of making amends.

 
At 9/10/2005 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Nice save dk. But my money is on Running2ks theory. There aren't a lot of gay phillipino nurses out there. I know a few but most of the ladies I know are too religious. Melissa would absolutely be their dream girl though, there don't seem to be a lot of tall blonde blue eyed phillipinas.

 
At 9/10/2005 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Does religion stop a person from being attracted to a person of the same sex?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home