web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Mail Gone Missing

An email arrived from a friend and I tried to save it on my PC and discovered that the folder was gone. Actually, all of my friends' email folders were gone. I am so upset over losing all of my correspondence and I can't imagine what happened. I haven't been doing anything weird with my computer. I haven't erased, moved or even searched any of my files lately. The only possibility I can think of is that I recently allowed AOL to do a routine update. Is it possible that the update erased my files? For now on, I'm going to print important letters on paper and save them the old fashioned way. Excuse me while I go cry now.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Candace said...

Hi Melissa

I'm eMusing's friend from Candace's Corner.

Yes, AOL allows you to update and copy your email and favorite places files to your new version of AOL or to update without copying any of your old files to the new version of AOL.

If you only recently performed your update and if you haven't deleted your old version, you might want to consider removing your newest version. Then, you can redo your update to the newer version, but this time with the choice of copying your old files.

An important note is that, when I went from AOL 8.0 to AOL 9.0, the AOL 9.0 version no longer worked with my 8.0 emails. Sweet, huh?

I'd highly recommend using a different email client altogether. I'll send you an Invite for the one that I permanently switched to for my email needs.

 
At 8/17/2005 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Candace. I appreciate the advice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home