web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Carpet Dirt Spreader

Because I was at work early today, I got to see the carpet being shampooed. In a previous post, I mentioned the various body fluids that drop from patient's bodies onto the carpet. Naturally, I was curious to see how they cleaned it.

I asked the janitor if the machine suctioned up the dirt. He said no, the machine just spreads the dirt around. I asked if they use any special cleaning agents to kill germs. Again, he said no, they just use water. It helps to spread the dirt around more evenly so that the dirt stains are less obvious.

Now I'm wondering, if I drop my pen, should I pick it up or just leave it?


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 05:09:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Hubert. I really do appreciate that. :)

 
At 8/16/2005 12:56:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, how revolting. I thought being a hospital it would be a little cleaner.

 
At 8/16/2005 06:00:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh that is the worst--asking a question and then, er, getting the answer. EEEEEW.

 
At 8/16/2005 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The worst part is, patients walk across the carpet in socks and then get back in bed with the contaminated socks. Soon, the entire bed is contaminated. Open wounds and mucous membranes are then exposed to deadly strains of bacteria.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home