web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Does Jesus Really Need a Flu Shot?


Am I crazy or is that Jesus on an official work manual? (I do not work for any kind of religious affiliated hospital.) Inside are the national safety goals for maintaining our accreditation. Among other things, the illustration shows Jesus about to get a flu shot and the arrow pointing to his hip means that we are supposed to check Jesus' buttocks for pressure ulcers.

This was not a management blunder, but the doings of a staff nurse who helped assemble the manual. Not one to leave things alone, I started showing it to everyone I could find. Unfortunately, I showed it to an administrator who grabbed it away from me, ending my fun. Thank you, Jesus, I at least got a picture first.


~ Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home