web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Wet Dog


This is Murphy in the koi pond. He never entirely dries off. Just about the time his fur stops dripping, he's back in the water. Yes, he also has full run of the house.

I keep the water murky to protect the fish from predators. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) When the water is clear, fish disappear. Fish don't seem to mind the green, cloudy water and the Murph certainly doesn't care. In fact, I think that he likes dirty water better. I've bought play pools for him in the past, but he much prefers the pond.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

I found your blog in a round about sort of way. I have on occasion searched other peoples blogs on blogger and came away disappointed. There are some very weird people writing very weird things out there!

Anyway, yours has to be one of the best I have seen to date. You have a real gift for writing. Some of your posts made me laugh out loud. Thanks for brightening my day!

 
At 8/12/2005 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you, Irene. You have really made my day!

 
At 8/13/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hi Melissa! Murphy looks so beautiful in this photo. I can't wait to see more photos of the kids playing in the pond, which by the way, smells a lot better than a cranberry bog!
Sarah

 
At 8/13/2005 11:04:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I find it hard to believe that anything smells worse than my pond. Bogs must be nasty indeed.

Lets see how many dogs we can get in the pond at one time and get a picture. Do you think that all seven will go in? :)

 
At 8/25/2005 08:38:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

If you can come up with a squirrel and a small raft next time I come over, I guarantee I can get all the dogs in the pond at once!

 
At 8/26/2005 10:38:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home