web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Flying Hair

I went to Costco yesterday and bought some frozen yogurt. The man who took my order was wearing two hair nets, one over his hair and the other across his face. Only his eyes and nose were exposed. At first, I thought he might have a cold. But with his nose exposed, that didn't make sense. Then, I noticed that he had a full beard. Someone, apparently, was worried about beard hair getting in the food.

I find this amusing because most nurses wear their hair long and loose. We're often working over open wounds or doing invasive procedures with our hair flying around. No one seems to be bothered by that, but then, when the cafeteria workers deliver food to the patients, they're all wearing hair nets. Apparently it's okay to get hair in a wound, but not in someone's food.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 02:17:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I just delete comments from spammers.

 
At 8/11/2005 12:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, how do I do that without deleting the entire post? (Although, I do find the spam comments rather amusing.)

 
At 8/11/2005 07:20:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Trash can symbol next to the comment, and you can select an option to delete forever by a check box.

 
At 8/11/2005 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Brandy. I've been wondering for a long time what those little trash cans were.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home