web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 12, 2005

New Shoes Christened

It didn't take long. On my second day of wearing my new lavender shoes, I dropped some urine on my shoe. Now, they feel like real work shoes.

Tonight's patient of note refused to wear his oxygen mask because his room had "bad vibes" and he was sure that we were trying to kill him by pumping poisonous gas through the oxygen pipes in the wall. He said that if we moved him to another room, he would use the oxygen.

I have little patience for such nonsense, but we had to move him because the doctor told us to. Without oxygen, he was going to need to be intubated soon and the doctor wanted us to try this first. So he was moved and he liked the "vibes" of the new room and so started using the oxygen. He's fine now. I guess it never occurred to him that if we could pump poisonous gas into one room that we could do it to all of the rooms. (I could never be a psyche nurse.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 8/12/2005 09:13:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

What color did they turn?

 
At 8/12/2005 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol! They still look like new. :)

 
At 8/13/2005 03:17:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Heh, i think you have enough "psychs" where you are!

Not the new Saucony's?? Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

 
At 8/13/2005 07:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

All of my other work shoes have pee (and worse) on them. Why should these be any different? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home