web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Thunder Storm

Around 3 am, Murphy began crying and whining. Off in the distance, thunder was rumbling. Soon, Murph was in bed, lying on top of me, dripping fishy pond water shaking like a giant vibrator. Although Murph is bigger than I am, he is the most cautious and fearful of my dogs.

As the storm came closer, blinding flashes of light filled the room, followed by continually louder booms. My efforts to comfort Murph had no effect. I just had to lie there under the crushing weight of a smelly, wet, whimpering, shaking dog.

The storm eventually passed, Murph recovered and jumped off the bed. I slept the rest of the night in wet, dirty sheets. Then came the worst part, I had to get up at 6 am for another stupid work committee. When will I learn to say no? (Not to Murph, but to committees.)


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hate seeings animals in distress in thunderstorms...you feel so helpless for them. Do the other 2 not get scared??

 
At 8/16/2005 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

They don't mind so much. As long as we're in the same room, they're fine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home