web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Nurse Melissa's Home Remedies

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.

2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

3. Want to avoid arguments with the little woman about lifting the toilet seat? Just use the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.

5. A mouse trap on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

6. If you have a bad cough take a large dose of laxatives; that should quiet your cough down considerably.

7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.

And remember:

You only need to two tools: WD-40 and Duct tape.

If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.

If it does move and shouldn't, use the duct tape.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them

Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.

If you woke up breathing, congratulations. You get another chance.

And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan.

(Thank you, Dave, for sending this to me.)


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 8/13/2005 02:02:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

:D

 
At 8/15/2005 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

#4 is my favorite.
"Remember to use a timer".
LOL!

 
At 8/15/2005 04:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I just realized that I forgot to include the formula for determining the bleeding time for each abnormal blood pressure reading. Oh well, I'll save that for a future post.

 
At 8/27/2005 05:48:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Re #4 Remember to save the blood, it makes great fertilizer for roses! You have to pour it on them pretty quick before it coagulates, and then you have to water it in well or you will have red gelatinous globs around your plants that will attract animals and bugs.
Why do I know this you may ask? My Mom has a blood disease which requires me to draw off a unit or 2 every few months (like a blood donation). I do it at home while she watches a movie and she doesn't have to go to the hospital and I get beautiful roses!

 
At 8/27/2005 09:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

You wouldn't think that would bother me, but it does. Just the thought of blood clots dripping from the roses if you're not fast enough is gross. What do the dogs think of blood on the roses?

 
At 8/30/2005 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You don't actually pour it on the flowers you dig it in to the soil under and around them and then water it in, you know like the heads left over from when you go fishing.

 
At 9/10/2005 09:58:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh yeah, that's right. That's what I do with all of my left-over fish heads.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home