web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 15, 2005

A Blonde Moment

The phone rang. I reached to pick it up and nearly said, "eightwestmelissa," but then remembered that I was home, not at work. The problem was that I could not remember how to answer the phone. The word "hello" escaped me. Frozen, I stared at the ringing phone wondering what to do. Inspiration struck and I said "hi." The caller also said,"hi." End of crisis.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/15/2005 03:59:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

LOL!

I've had blonde moments like that, too.
It took me a long time to not answer the phone with "Sears Credit Central, this is Mary".

Although nowadays my biggest problem is to remember who I'm calling while the phone is ringing on their end. This is what me and myself say to each other in our head: "OMG, who did I just dial? Who, who? Who am I calling again? Quick, come to me before he/she answers..."
Thankfully, the voice that answers usually helps me out.

 
At 8/15/2005 04:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Welcome back, Mary! It's so nice to see your lovely eye again. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only "blonde."

 
At 8/16/2005 06:01:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

LOL! And I do like you and Mary too. Maybe there is a support group.

 
At 8/16/2005 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hello, my name is Melissa and I'm a blonde. :)

 
At 8/27/2005 05:22:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

You need a vacation girl!

 
At 8/27/2005 09:47:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Don't I know it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home