web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Doggy-Style Nursing

I sure do spend a lot of my time on my hands and kneels crawling under beds. No, I'm not praying, hiding or cleaning. I'm just trying to reach the electrical outlets. The genius who designed this hospital put the electrical outlets near the floor behind the beds. So, often with visitors watching, I have to get down like a dog and shimmy under the bed with my bottom in the air.

Cynic that I am, I suspect that the outlets have never been moved higher because gentleman enjoy the show. I can't imagine what it was like when nurses wore short skirts.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 9/29/2005 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I suspect the architects and electricians were all men. If they left the design to the nurses things would be quite different!

 
At 9/29/2005 09:43:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm blaming men too. It will be interesting to see if the new hospital is any different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home