web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

A Man To Do A Man's Job

In previous posts I mentioned that my TV and garbage disposal were broken. The TV only got NBC and the picture was frozen on a picture of Jay Leno while the sound was in real time. The problem with the garbage disposal was that it was dead. Turning the switch on was met with silence.

Everything has been fixed. All it took was a man and all it cost me was dinner.

The man unplugged all of the equipment connecting to the TV and plugged it back in. Now the TV works perfectly. (Now I'm going to have to think of a new excuse to buy a big screen TV.)

Next, the man hit a re-set button on the garbage disposal. (I didn't know such things existed.) It came to life, but was jammed. He reached in and pulled out a rock. It now works fine.

I saved the receipt for the garbage disposal, so now I can return it and get my $150 back. I'm way ahead now. My TV works, my garbage disposal works and I'm $150 richer. All it took was a man.


~ Home

11 Comments:

At 9/25/2005 11:44:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

When a garbage disposal tries to eat a rock, the rock wins. The motor overheats and it shuts itself off to prevent further damage. The reset button tells the motor it can try again. It's like a circuit breaker. A rock? I knew you like to eat natural food, but... :)

 
At 9/25/2005 11:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I learned something new today. My mother taught me how to cook, sew and shop, but my father didn't teach me how to fix things. He always took care of that for me.

Now, I'm slowly learning how to do guy things, with the help of my friends.

Because I keep orchids on the shelf above the sink, sometimes rocks fall out and land in the sink or gargage disposal. That's the price for being surrounded by beauty. :)

 
At 9/26/2005 08:07:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

So men really are good for something?

 
At 9/26/2005 08:43:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

And you got a cheap man.

 
At 9/26/2005 09:37:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm pretty sure it was her dad:)

 
At 9/26/2005 10:41:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It wasn't my dad who fixed it. Yes, he worked cheap and amazing as it is, men sometimes are useful. ;)

 
At 9/26/2005 01:56:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Just don't feed us bugs.

ugh!

 
At 9/27/2005 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Actually, I fed the man who fixed my stuff spice cake.

 
At 9/27/2005 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

And now he's going to read about it and never fix anything for you again!

 
At 9/27/2005 01:07:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Good thing that I've never mentioned that I have a blog. You're the only one who knows about my secret life. :)

 
At 9/27/2005 04:16:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh goodie, now I have a secret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home