web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Pit Warmer


Do you see that syringe under my arm? I often walk around like that. That's what I do when I forget to remove the syringes from the refridgerator.

Most of our antibiotics come in syringes that we push directly into people's IV lines. They are refridgerated, but need to be at room temperature, or better, when administered. That takes planning ahead. When I forget, my arm pits work just as well. It just looks a little strange. (I've tried stuffing them in my bra, but that looks especially weird, plus they just fall out.)


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 04:51:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Reminds me of the old childhood games where you play pirate and pretend to stab someone.

 
At 9/24/2005 05:25:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I wish, oh how i wish, i could fit more in my bra *sigh*

 
At 9/24/2005 09:01:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Would you like me to warm a few of those up for you:)

 
At 9/24/2005 11:47:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol at Brandy, Michelle and Sarah.

It must be nice to actually need a bra.

 
At 9/24/2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/24/2005 11:42:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Too funny....and I'm with you...it must be nice to actually need a bra! heh.

 
At 9/25/2005 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's not fair that some people have too much and others don't have enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home