web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Mystery Loaf


I found this brown stuff in the kitchen at work. I didn't know what it was or where it came from. All I knew was that it had been left behind by the previous shift. At first I ignored it, but then hunger set in.

Bravely, I took a bite, fully prepared to spit it out quickly should that prove necessary. It was chocolate raisin bread. Not bad. Not bad at all. Some risks pay off. I was luckythis time.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 9/22/2005 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You are such a thrill seeker!

 
At 9/22/2005 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm mainly driven by my primitive instincts for food. I'm motivated by hunger, not thrills.

 
At 9/22/2005 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

I was soooo scared to read this post after just looking at the pic! LOL
You're brave, Melissa.

 
At 9/22/2005 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I had a napkin right next to my mouth all ready to spit if there had been the slightest suggestion of fish. :)

 
At 9/22/2005 02:59:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oooo, so glad you mentioned what it was. Just on sight, it looks like something made from those rotten plantane bananas!
Chocolate raisin....hmmm, has potential i think :)

 
At 9/22/2005 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about plantains. I was worried about fish and dog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home