web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Irony and a Bubbly Elevator

The widow was attending the funeral of her husband who had died from complications of a broken hip. At the funeral she tripped and fell, breaking her hip. She's our patient now. The patient has severe dementia which prevents her from appreciating the irony. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Also tonight, a visitor asked me for directions to the bubbly elevator. Since we don't have any elevators that are bubbly, I was confused by his request. I asked him to repeat himself twice. I was staring at him blankly when it occurred to me that he might be saying public elevator. Yes, it turned out that was what he wanted. Perhaps it's time to get my hearing checked.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 02:25:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Good pick up Melissa! Public and bubbly don't quite sound the same, nothing wrong with your hearing :)

ok i am getting peeed off now....4th time lucky :(

 
At 9/20/2005 12:50:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The problem may have been that I couldn't believe my ears that he was asking that question. Everyone else just rides the staff elevators and doesn't care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home