web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Silly Stats

I've been playing with my new Statcounter. There are so many interesting tidbits of information about my visitors. What amazes me the most is how little time most people spend at my site. About 90% of visitors stay less than 5 seconds. I figure that's just about enough time to read the name of my blog, see my picture and then hit the return arrow.

Less than 5 seconds? Maybe I need to get a new picture. Would it help if I wore a bikini? Or what if I changed the name of my blog to "Naughty Melissa"? Or, how about "Without Panties"? That was the key phrase that one visitor was looking for when he visited my site. Oh shoot, I just said it again. Now he's going to be back. :)


~ Home

12 Comments:

At 9/18/2005 11:29:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL. your stat counter will catch on fire if you keep mentioning those names! I remember i mentioned something about 'my pussy' and went from the usual 40 hits to 180 hits in the one day!

 
At 9/19/2005 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The only trouble is that I get the creeps when I attract that kind of attention. The higher stats are fun, but I hate to think about all of those guys googling sexual terms. It's just too weird for me.

 
At 9/19/2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Ah the lessons in gaining readership. Sometimes I want to leave off certain phrases because of the dubious traffic.

 
At 9/19/2005 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I know what you mean. I like to use catchy titles to get people's interest, but I really don't want everyone's interest.

 
At 9/19/2005 05:36:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I hate to break it to you, but it's not just the terms they are googling at! All they need is some pics and photo shop and they've got themselves some real entertainment!

 
At 9/20/2005 12:58:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

What is wrong with men? *sigh*

 
At 9/20/2005 01:35:00 PM, Blogger gemmak said...

Rofl....it's certainly your phrases, i get hundreds of hits merely becasue I used the word 'knickers' once....grrrrr! lol

 
At 9/20/2005 02:38:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hmmm..It might be interesting to do an experiment and just list every naughty word or phrase that I can think of and see how many hits I get.

 
At 9/21/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Do the words of interest have to be in the titles, or in the body of the blogs you write, or do the comments also attract the undesirables?

 
At 9/21/2005 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I don't know about the comments, but the title and the body are subject to the search engines.

 
At 9/24/2005 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OK lets test it. Melissa was was working in the garden and she became a dirty girl, her golden hair was no longer so she needed a shower, of course she did this without panties, the dogs were blocking the door and tripped her so she gave them a little spanking. tehehe...;)

 
At 9/24/2005 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hehe...I'll check my stats and see if that got anyone's attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home