web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Blonde Again

My hair is blonde again. No, I didn't color it. I washed it! Having been sick this week, I didn't bathe for three days. ( I just didn't feel like it.) It's amazing how fast blonde hair turns dark when it's not washed. I also smell better now, not that the dogs really care. Stinky is just fine with them. In fact, I think they prefer it.

Things are returning to normal at work, too. Our water and ice machine has finally been fixed. For the the last 18 days, we've had to hike 20 miles through snow uphill, both ways, to get water and ice. ( Okay, I'm exaggerating. There wasn't any snow.)

We also ordered food because it's Saturday. This time we ordered from Brent's Delicatessen. I got healthy mushroom barley soup and chocolate cake just because I felt like being bad. The cake was 4 inches thick and 9 inches high. ( Yes, I measured it. ) It was so good that I wanted to roll in it. I wasn't able to finish it, though. I was still full from all of the little Snickers bars I ate before dinner.

Oh, I almost forgot. The hospital caught on fire three times tonight, or, at least that's how many times the fire alarm went off. So, things are pretty much back to normal.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 9/18/2005 03:24:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Does that mean there's still some of that monster chocolate cake lying around? Mmmmmmmmmm :)

 
At 9/18/2005 07:18:00 AM, Blogger Irene said...

I'm surprised you didn't take a picture of it! (the cake, not the hair LOL)

 
At 9/18/2005 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, there are still three layers left. I only ate one. Want to come visit?

Irene, I did take a picture of the cake, but when I got home, I didn't feel like downloading it.

 
At 9/18/2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I can't believe you eat cake from restaurants. You know what that icing is made of! Please just tell me and I wil happily make you one!

 
At 9/18/2005 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh, but Sarah, this was special cake. The icing was a dark chocolate ganache. It wasn't that awful Crisco fluff. But, I'll still take you up on your offer. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home