web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, September 23, 2005

It's Always Pancit


Management was happy with us for some unknown reason and gave us $20 to buy something for dinner. So, what did we buy? Pancit, of course. It's always pancit.

I wish that I could blame the pancit, but I only have myself to blame. Reading and walking at the same time was not one of my better ideas. I walked into a door. The impact jammed the metal clipboard into my rib cage, causing pain now whenever I feel the need to breathe.

But that's nothing compared to last night's ordeal. At the beginning of the shift we were suddenly plunged into total darkness, except for the bright sunshine pouring through the windows. We had to endure the crisis for five, maybe six seconds until the generator kicked in. I don't know how many more catastrophic power outages like this we can stand. We all have our limits. But one thing went right. The hospital only caught on fire once tonight.

(Dr. N., best wishes at your new job. We will all miss you. Please come visit if you're in town and whatever you do, don't go to law school. Repeat after me. Medicine good. Law bad. :) )


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 09:02:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Where did you get the medicaine good part? How are medicine and law bad, veterinary school good!

 
At 9/24/2005 11:50:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Okay, I stand corrected. Dr. N., I know that you like dogs since you have either 3 or 5, why don't you consider vet school? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home