web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 17, 2005

The End Is Near

My poor dogs think that the world is coming to an end. My cover dog, who is bigger than I am, is under my computer table trembling violently and panting. I'm having to type with one finger, so that I can pet him. My other two dogs are huddled next to me and Tommy is crying. Dogs off in the distance are barking.

Around 1 am we went through the same thing, only with 3 shaking dogs in bed. At 4 am, it happened again. What a rough night it was.

I actually like thunderstorms. It's too bad that they scare my dogs so much. I wonder if I called work and explained that I needed to stay home to comfort my dogs if they would understand. Probably not. They probably wouldn't understand if I said that I needed to get some sleep either. I guess I'm going to work. I hope nothing happens that requires me to be alert and oriented tonight.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 01:06:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I know just how you feel. Daisy kept me up all night. She turns into a tasmanian devil when there is a thunderstorm. Jumping, clawing, running, panting. I came home from work at lunch to sedate her and there is stuff all over the floor, rugs, knocked over waste baskets, everything was knocked over in the bathtub, I guess she was hiding in there for a while.
Of course someone called in sick and I can't stay home either. Thank God for sedatives!

 
At 10/17/2005 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm afraid to give my boys sedatives. I had to leave the house in the middle of another thunderstorm. Poor boys. I felt just terrible abandoning them when they were so scared.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home