web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Freeway Accident Lottery


Yesterday, on the way to work, I found myself at a disaster scene before I arrived at work. Up ahead, a car was consumed in flames. Firetrucks were off in the distance stuck in traffic like everyone else.

LAPD officers were on the scene helping the victims. One man was lying in the freeway lane with an officer kneeling next to him. I'm guessing it was neck or back injuries. There was no obvious blood, he was conscious and breathing fine, but they apparently didn't want to move him out of the lane.

Several other cars were involved in the accident and the occupants were standing or sitting by the side of the freeway watching the car burn. That's all anybody could do.

Life is uncertain. Usually people arrive at their destination safely, but sometimes they end up lying in the road watching their car burn. No one knows who's next in the freeway accident lottery.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 07:16:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I sure hope this is not what your daily commute normally looks like! Traffic is a rotten way to start your day.

 
At 10/21/2005 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

But look on the bright side, it gave me something to blog about. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home