web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Everybody Got To Go To The Vet Except Me


Life's not fair, Tom Tom. I know that you are miserable because you got left home alone, but trust me, you would not have enjoyed the trip to the vet. Well, maybe you would have enjoyed the trip, but not the destination. I know from experience how much you dislike the vet, not that he has ever done anything bad to you. That was another vet that took away your manhood.

I'm not exactly happy either. You know how rambunctious your two brothers are. Getting them in and out of the car and trying to control them in the vets office was not the highlight of my day. Kelsey barked the entire time and sat on the furniture. Murphy kept dragging me around the office. No other dogs behaved as poorly as mine. By the time I got out of there, I was $250 poorer and looked like a tornado hit me. It's embarrassing having such unbehaved kids, not that you ever act like that. It seems to me that the last time you went to the vet I had to carry you because you refused to walk.

I know that you're unhappy, but you'll get over it. Besides, can't you smell where your brothers were?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Tommy does indeed look pissed! I'm sure he can smell where they were though. I have a visual of Murphy dragging you aroung and Kelsey spinning and jumping, what a handful! What's it like to only have to spend 250 at the vet? I there so often I'm just going to sign up for the direct payroll deposit.

 
At 10/29/2005 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Lisa.

Vet bills are unbelievable. My medical bills for me this year totalled about $15, including prescriptions. The vet bills are over $1,000 and my dogs haven't even been sick. I know that your bills have been several times that. Our health insurance covers kids. I see no reason why dogs shouldn't be counted as kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home