web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Strangling Nurse

Some time back, I mentioned a nurse who shaked an aide. It turns out that I didn't have all of the facts. The nurse actually grabbed the aide by the throat and choking her, dragged her by the neck down a hallway. The aide was left with bruises around her neck which was documented by a physician. The nurses who witnessed the attack all signed statements describing the strangling.

So, what has become of this strangling nurse? After a brief stress leave, she is back at work. And, management has said that all of the witnesses ganged up on her by signing the statements. I wonder if this includes the doctor who documented the bruises? Was he also part of the gang? I'm so flabbergasted that I almost feel like I've been dropped in a parallel universe.

Management should really talk to a lawyer about the potential liability issues here. I'm staying out of this, but the hospital's very deep pockets would be wide open if this nurse ever attacks again. Just plain old common sense would dictate that you don't keep stranglers on the job. (I guess that the strangler nurse's long time butt kissing efforts paid off in the end.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

That is really scary, Melissa. I hope that she gets removed soon--without further incident.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:09:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm not afraid of her, I figure that I could take her. I'm just angry that she's till here. The nursing shortage isn't so bad that we need to keep stranglers.

 
At 10/26/2005 11:54:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Kaching $$$$$$$$$$$$

 
At 10/27/2005 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol. I know some lawyers who would love to go after my employer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home