web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Don't Shop When Full


They say never to shop when hungry. I think that it's just as important not to shop when full. At least if I had done my Costco run on an empty stomach, I might actually have some food to eat this week. Everything I saw while shopping with a tummy full of pizza, beer and ice cream, nauseated me.

So, I got chicken and hamburger for the dogs, pomegranites, some sort of squash and pretty pink slippers. My feet will be warm and pretty(Sorry, Dave, the slippers didn't come with lights), the dogs will be well fed and I'll be eating pomegranites and maybe squash all this week. I think that I need to go back to the store.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 12:03:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

No lights? What good are they? ;)

 
At 10/24/2005 07:01:00 AM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Oh man, I have the same problem. I shop when I'm full--then I take the hubby and kids along when they are hungry. They get so mad at me when I stick to the list--they used to claim I never brought food home. Pomegranates are yummy, though.

 
At 10/24/2005 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

You're right, Dave, I should take the slippers back and just strap flashlights to my bare feet. :)

Brandy, maybe if I had had a list, I would have ended up with something to eat. I went shopping without a plan. :)

 
At 10/29/2005 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Melissa! You don't even eat pomegranites!

 
At 10/29/2005 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I like pomegranites, but the acid hurts my teeth. I decided to test my teeth and so far, after 2 pomegranites, my teeth are still fine. When I bought them I figured that if I couldn't eat them, I would give them to you. I guess that you're out of luck. :)

 
At 10/30/2005 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Damn! I was looking forward to my winter tree raid at your house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home