web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

The Good Husband

I just got back from the grocery store and behind me in line was a man in his pajamas. He was carrying a half-gallon of ice cream and two packages of chocolate ice cream bars. As I left the checkstand with my groceries, lettuce and ice cream, I heard him say to the checker, "The wife made me get out of bed for ice cream." What a relief. I was a little nervous about shopping so late anyway and standing in line next to a man dressed for bed didn't help matters any. What a pleasure it is to see a well-trained husband.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/23/2005 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I wonder if his wife was pregnant?

 
At 10/23/2005 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, he looked to be well into his fifties. Maybe he had a younger pregnant wife, but I think that his wife just wanted ice cream. :)

Lisa, I absolutely agree with you, but then what do I know about such matters, I'm divorced. :)

 
At 10/23/2005 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm with Michelle on this one, the pregnant wife should get everything she wants, then a nice push present at the end!

 
At 10/29/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I almost forgot! When my ex and I used to go to Hawaii, or wherever he would sneak out at like 5 am to walk to the coffee house and bring me coffee and pastry in bed! I guess there are a few out there that are trained right!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home