web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Three Dumb Things That I Did Yesterday

1) I trimmed my bangs while I was in a hurry. One side turned out too short. I could trim the other side to match, but then both sides would be too short. My bangs are going to be lopsided for awhile.

2) I forgot to watch Desperate Housewives.

3) I nearly set the house on fire. I got up to go in the kitchen and laid the newspaper on top of some burning candles. I got distracted by the computer and didn't come out again for nearly an hour. The paper, for whatever reason, never caught fire.

I shouldn't be allowed near scissors or fire.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 10/24/2005 07:17:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Photos?

 
At 10/24/2005 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Hey I tivo'd D.H. Wanna come over and watch it? I mean, Santa Clarita is like 10 minutes from me!!! I haven't watched yet! :) ahahahaha! Can't help ya with the fire or bangs stuff :)

 
At 10/24/2005 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

No photos, Sarah. It turns out that my hair in its usual messy state looks about the same. It looks bad only if I comb my bangs. Now I have a good excuse for not combing my hair.

Kate, congratulations on your teaching credential and getting out of 4 year old Hell. You must live around Granada Hills or Sylmar. Maybe I'll drop by on my way home from work. Are you doing anything around midnight? :)

 
At 10/24/2005 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

1 & 3 i can forgive you, but 2...my god woman!

 
At 10/25/2005 08:08:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have never watched desperate housewives. Isn't it just a bunch of nasty (but beautiful) women fighting and sleeping aith the hired help?

 
At 10/25/2005 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I don't know what's wrong with me! Now, where is my Aricept?

Sarah, there is much more to it than that. Watch it and I think that you will relate to the desperate housewives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home