web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Am I Being Paranoid?


Like mushrooms, these things have suddenly popped out of the ceiling of another unit in the hospital. They are even in the patient's rooms. I just have one question. What the .... are they?

The official explanation is that they are being used to track nurses for a study. I would like to know if there are cameras inside. Do I dare bring a screwdriver to work and open one up to see what's inside? I can sneak in a screwdriver, but how do I sneak in a ladder?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

"Doo-doo-doo-doo...."
(That's the Twilight Zone theme song, not something found in a bedpan, ok?)

Hmmm. Let us know if they tell you what they are 'studying'.

Big Doctor is watching you, haha.

 
At 10/27/2005 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol, Mary. I guess that I should start fixing myself up so that I look good for Big Doctor.

 
At 10/27/2005 12:40:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Hard to tell from the blurry photo, but I'm guessing it's not a camera. Probably it's picking up an RFID chip you have embedded in your security badge. Have you been given anything new to wear lately? A new name tag, or bracelet? If not, it's probably already in your ID.

 
At 10/27/2005 01:15:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hey, are you criticizing my photography skills? :)

I did get a really ugly starfish pin the other day, but there's no way that I'm wearing something grey and warty looking. That's the only thing new. I guess that I could "forget" my official ID and make a homemade one to wear.

 
At 10/27/2005 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I bet you could "accidentally" knock it down with a broom handle or an IV pole and then you could open it up:)

 
At 10/27/2005 05:18:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Yeah, I figure they are scanning you like the checkout line of a grocery store.

 
At 10/28/2005 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah and Lisa, it would be a lot of fun to try knocking them down, but since it's not my unit, people would probably be suspicious if I started swinging poles or bouncing balls off of them. The nurses in my unit are more accustomed to my sometimes odd behavior. :)

Lisa, my badge doesn't do anything as far as I know. The supervisors are very touchy-feely, so it's possible that I have been implanted with something that makes me scannable.

Brandy, now I know how it feels to be groceries. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home