web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Another Piece In the Puzzle



The nurses in the unit with the mysterious ceiling devices are now wearing armbands. I guess that means I'm safe because I'm armband free.

The chosen nurses will be wearing these devices for 23 hours a day. Pretty strange, huh? Batteries will store data so the researchers, I'm guessing, will know things like when the nurses exercise, sleep or have sex.

I'm sure glad that I have my freedom. ( Although I might feel differently if the armbands were pink and sparkly.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 10/28/2005 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Didn't anyone bother to ask why, what info were they trying to aquire, for what purpose? The last time I checked the participants had to be informed and agree to be included in a study.

 
At 10/28/2005 11:08:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

The nurses had the right to refuse to wear the armbands, but no one I've asked understands what exactly is the purpose. They just know that nurses are being tracked by researchers for some study. It's possible that they were told and no longer remember or just can't articulate what was said. (If they had a blog like me, I'm sure that they would have taken notes and could have reported exactly what was said.)

 
At 10/28/2005 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Now the post below makes sense kinda! I'm glad i don't have to wear one, it would just report on what a truly miserable life i have! LOL

 
At 10/28/2005 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I know what you mean Michelle. The most fun that I have is petting my dogs. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home