web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Shut-Eye Disclosures

Meme shamelessly stolen from The Lady Justicia, the ladyjusticia.blogspot.com/


1) How many pillows do you sleep on?

Six are on my bed, but I only use three of them, one for my head and one on each side of me. The others are for my dogs. They like to sleep on pillows too.

2) Do you sleep in the nude?

Yes. Anything else you want to know?

3) Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?

No, I only sleep with live ones.

4) Do you use a top sheet?

Yes. It doesn't matter how hot is, I have to be covered with a sheet. (see # 2)

5) Do you fall asleep to the TV?

No. TV keeps me awake.

6) Do you remember your dreams?

Yes. Sometimes I wish that I didn't.

7) Do you sleepwalk?

Not since my divorce. I used to run along the walls of the bedroom in my sleep feeling for a way out. I kept dreaming that I was trapped in a cave.

8) Do you snore?

No. I just kick. Maybe that's why the dogs insist on sleeping at the head of the bed.

9) Do you braid your hair before going to bed?

No. I sleep with it loose and messy.

10) Do you wear socks to bed?

Not in the winter time, keeping my feet warm is what electric blankets are good for. If it is hot, sometimes I'll sleep in a pair of cold, wet socks.

11) Do you hug and kiss your pillow (still)?

Hug, yes. Kiss, no.

12) Do you eat in bed?

Rarely. I don't want to have to brush my teeth again.

13) What size is your bed?

California King and it is not nearly big enough.

14) Do your kids sleep with you?

Yes and they shed way too much.

15) Are you a normal, light, or heavy sleeper?

Heavy, although I will wake up for earthquakes and dog fights in the bed.

16) Do you have nightmares?

Rarely.

17) What's the best amount of sleep for you to feel good the next day/night?

10 to 12 hours. When it comes to sleep, I'm gifted.

18) Can you see in the dark?

Yes, very well. My pupils are 2.5 times larger than normal and let in extra light.

19) Do you fantasize in your sleep?

Huh? Isn't that what dreaming is?


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 11/21/2005 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I am totally jealous of the amount of sleep you get!

 
At 11/21/2005 01:55:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I don't always get to sleep that much. Most nights I have to get by on only 9 hours.

 
At 11/21/2005 10:37:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

10 -12 hrs sleep...or even 9 holy crapola! I'm lucky if i get that a week LMAO! I think i was 13 the last time i got 10 hours sleep :)

 
At 11/21/2005 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

If I had your job, I'd need 10 hours of sleep too ;-)

 
At 11/22/2005 12:40:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I would drop dead if I got as little sleep as you.

Karen, I wish that I could blame the job, but I've always been like this.

 
At 11/23/2005 04:09:00 PM, Blogger Gel said...

Fun to read my meme Lady J stole from me! I'm flattered people are having fun w/ it and I *adore your creative answer about "being gifted when it comes to sleep." :)
Before I had cysts on my bladder to wake me up, I would indulge in 10-12 hrs sleep gladly. I'm a an artist and a long "creative sleeper" as those who need more than 9 hrs are known.
Our friend Michelle, is an "efficient" sleeper, only needing 5 or 6 hrs. I get by on that, but it's not my choice.

Nice layout to your blog. I love finding new blogs from the blogrolls of other net blogging friends. I'll be back. Happy Thanksgiving! :)
(GEL) Green-Eyed Lady

 
At 11/24/2005 01:14:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

GEL, I enjoyed your meme and usually I don't care for them. Yours is the first that I have used in my blog. I never knew that I was a creative sleeper. I like that term much better than being called lazy, self-indulgent or being asked if I'm depressed.

Please visit again. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home