web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bipolar Bicolors

At first I thought that it was just my imagination, or maybe the angle of the sun, but now there is no doubt. The north side of the new hospital is white and the south side is taupe. This photo was taken from the side to prove that I'm not making this up. Maybe it's just me, but isn't that rather odd?

I can understand different colors for trim and decoration, but not entirely different colors on opposite sides of the building. This just seems wrong.

Something like this is enough to drive me crazy wondering why it happened. These are some of my explanations:

1) The design committee couldn't agree on a color and so struck a compromise.

2) The north side of the building was finished first and then the manufacturer discontinued the color, resulting in the south side being painted in a different color.

3) After the north side was done, everyone hated the color so they decided to do the south side in a more pleasing color.

4) The builder made a mistake.

5) Because the north side of the building gets less sun, they wanted a lighter color to reflect as much heat as possible to make sure that everyone on that side of the building is as cold as possible.

6) The south side of the building needed to be a darker color to absorb as much heat as possible so that we can continue the tradition of baking the people on the south side.

I've brought this most serious matter to the attention of my coworkers, but they are all in denial. They don't believe me. All they have to do is go outside and look. I'm not making this up.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 1/24/2006 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

What's that yellow thingy? It looks like a giant tape measure!

 
At 1/24/2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I don't know what the yellow thing is. It could be a trash chute or maybe somebody thought that would be an attractive addition to the building.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home