web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hot And Cold



Today I wore a heavy fur-lined jacket. In the car, the heater was going full blast. Once I got to work, I had to remove the jacket. I was miserably cold.

Walking past a patient's room, I saw a woman in a mini skirt and a spaghetti strap top. She did not have any kind of a jacket with her. (Sorry, I couldn't photograph the rest of her, but she had a dominatrix theme going on.)

How is it possible for two people experiencing the same weather to dress so differently? I don't want to sound catty, but I don't think that she was nearly as hot as she thought she was. (Although some gentlemen may have a different opinion.) It must get cold walking the streets dressed that way.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 1/22/2006 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

The clothes look young, she still has her teenage metabolism and some brown fat.

 
At 1/22/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I saw a "mom" in short tight shorts wearing lace-up knee high boots and a winter jacked on a 20 degree day.

 
At 1/22/2006 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, she was far from being a teenager. I figure that she was either high on something or wanted to show off her wares.

R2Ks, at least she was wearing a winter jacket. If she was young enough, maybe her brown fat, whatever that is, was keeping her warm.

 
At 1/23/2006 01:44:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I must say, i don't care too much for her boots.

 
At 1/23/2006 09:42:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Brown fat is present in infants, and is gone by the time you reach late adolescence. It serves to protect the child from cold temperatures and is found around the trunk, shoulders, and back. It differs from normal white fat in appearance, metabolic rate, and lifespan.

 
At 1/23/2006 08:40:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Fat on my trunk, shoulders and back? Ewww. I'd rather be cold and miserable.

 
At 1/24/2006 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You haven't had brown fat for many years, come to think of it...you don't have any white fat either:( Hey, are you one of those supermodel androids?

 
At 1/24/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hardly, I'm not tall or busty enough, among other things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home