web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What Did I Do To Deserve This?

I am a senior citizen.

During the Clinton Administration I had an extremely good and well paying job.

I took numerous vacations and had several vacation homes.

Since President Bush took office, I have watched my entire life change for the worse.

I lost my job.

I lost my two sons in that terrible Iraqi War.

I lost my homes.

I lost my health insurance.

As a matter of fact I lost virtually everything and became homeless.

Adding insult to injury, when the authorities found me living like an animal, instead of helping me, they arrested me.

I will do anything that Senator Kerry and Senator Kennedy want to insure that a Democrat is back in the White House come next year.

Bush has to go.

Sincerely, Saddam Hussein

(My brother, a staunch Republican sent me this. I'm a bleeding heart liberal, in case anyone hasn't noticed.)


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 1/25/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

This is hilarious!

 
At 1/25/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Saddam would probably prefer this to what he's doing now.

 
At 1/26/2006 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OMG, your brother is a republican?!

 
At 1/26/2006 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Both of my brothers are. My parents can't figure out where they went wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home