web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Another Dog Walk

Today, the boys and I went to Placerita Canyon. I only wanted to take the Murph, but the other boys looked so sad that I had to take them too. It's not easy walking three dogs.

I wanted to take the trail to the waterfalls, but Murphy couldn't get up the stairs, so we took the river walk instead. I'll have to go back some time and get photos of the falls. It's unbelievably gorgeous.

It always amazes me that this is not only Los Angeles, but just a few minutes from my house.
This is ceanothsus below. It's also known as California lilac. It sort of looks like lilac, but without the fragrance.
This is Murphy Dear looking happy. He had a little sneezing fit during the walk and got a nose bleed. Murph doesn't pay any attention to people or dogs that we pass on the trail, but he also doesn't get out of the way. He walked past another hiker and left a streak of blood on his pants. The hiker didn't notice and I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to do.
The grass is so bright green that I can't imagine that Ireland is any greener.
All three boys love the water. It seems fitting that Goldens should drink gold- flecked water.
Tongues are hanging out in the longest position.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/08/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

These are the best photos :)
You had picture perfect weather...glorious!

 
At 4/09/2006 01:33:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

reminds me of the springtime in Arizona... your pics made me smile this morning. Glad Murphy is having a good time. xx

 
At 4/09/2006 06:30:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Fabulous pictures. I think you did the right thing about the blood. You are SO lucky to live where you do.

 
At 4/09/2006 09:10:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

It's really pretty there, maybe we can go back sometime soon with Murphy, he looks like he is having a wonderful day.

 
At 4/10/2006 02:21:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Michelle. The weather was more than picture perfect, it was perfect.

Madwag, I would love to see Arizona in the Spring.

Gary, thanks.

Sarah, I've been trying to take you there for years, but you're too afraid of snakes.

HDT, I would love to see your photos. I only have a clear memory of what western Marin looks like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home