web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Learning 10 Things

I had to go to work early today for an all day class. *Yawn* It wasn't a complete waste, though, I learned the following things:

1. Working until 11:30 at night and getting back to work at 8 am the next day, during rush hour, is not fun.

2. Working two days in a row without bathing in between doesn't make me stink nearly as bad as I expected.

3. Young nurses tend to wear silver jewelry and old nurses wear gold. (I wear gold.)

4. Lettuce, tomato and pickle sandwiches with diet sodas was our lunch. (Did someone forget the cheese and meat?)

5. American nurses wear flats and Asian nurses tend to wear high heels.

6. When nurses get together, they just have to talk about pee, poop and gangrene.

7. The sandwiches, although odd, weren't bad. Too bad that we couldn't have two. ( I was hungry.)

8. On TV, my employer shows vending machines filled with nothing but apples. Ours are filled with candy, cookies and chips.

9. Working during the day on Thursday allows me to watch Survivor.

10. See #1.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Aussie nurses wear flats too..asian nurses here wear heels too.
Hmmm i wear gold and silver jewlery, maybe i am middle aged!

 
At 4/07/2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Young Asian nurses in high heels and jewelry. mmmmm... No pictures? *sigh*

 
At 4/07/2006 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

My favouite sandwich is toast, mayo, tomato and red onion.

 
At 4/07/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, I think that the Asians are sensitive about being so short and try to compensate. Too bad that they can't be a normal height like me. ;)

Dave, you don't want to see pictures of old Asian nurses in heels and jewelry? How about middle aged American nurses in flats?

Madwag, I'll have to try that sometime, but without the onion. Raw onions don't agree with me. Hmmm, that would be just a tomato sandwich. Oh well, I like those too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home