web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rain, Shmain and Dang

It had been raining all day and Murph hadn't had his walk yet. Of course he has a big yard, but that's not the same as a walk. With guilt building, I put on my raincoat and took him out.

This was my first time wearing my raincoat; I've never owned one before. I thought that it would be nice to have one for my upcoming trip and this seemed like a good time to give it a dress rehearsal. Since it almost reaches my ankles, I thought that it would keep me dry down to my ankles. I was so wrong. The coat only has fasteners down to hip level, so the front flies open exposing my entire legs to rain. I'm going to have to do something about that.


We both got soaked, not that Murph minded. He's always wet, regardless of the weather.

After the walk, we came up the driveway and a white dog in the driveway started howling. It was Kelsey. I don't think he recognized me in the coat. When I left, the door apparently didn't quite latch and he got loose. I ran in the house looking for Tommy and he was sitting on the carpet.

I can't believe what good dogs I have. They had over an hour to escape and didn't. This is the first time that something like this has happened and I'm astonished that they decided to stay home. Tommy and Kelsey are both rescue dogs, so maybe they know how good they have it here.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 09:49:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Cute coat, even if it doesn't work as well as you would like. It's really beautiful where you live. I'm envious. Is that a canyon?

 
At 4/05/2006 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is adorable, looks like he leads a hard life :)

 
At 4/05/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Gary, I live at the mouth of a narrow canyon, which is appropriate for a place called Canyon Country.

Nettie, it's not easy leading a dog's life. :)

 
At 4/05/2006 07:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That figures... rescue dogs. Why didn't I know that already? You're so nice.. :)

 
At 4/05/2006 08:46:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, but I'm the lucky one to have such sweet dogs.

 
At 4/05/2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love all the greenery around your house. Your boys are always well behaved :o)

 
At 4/06/2006 03:48:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

That is a nice coat. I'm sure it will come in handy on your holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home